Sunday, August 12, 2012

i heart macro: More Colorado...

I had more "cracked dirt" pictures to show you from last week, but that seemed too gloomy.   There are few living green things out-of-doors here now.   So at the last minute, I was scrambling for something to show you this week.   

And looking back through the photos of our trip to Colorado last month, I see some I never shared!   Ah, something pretty to feast our eyes upon again!


#12:  "Daisy Field"


I'll try not to take a daisy for granted again! 


...or green leaves


...or even evergreens!






It's odd how I was immersed in green last month and didn't pay attention.  
This month there is none to be seen, 
and suddenly,
green is my new favorite color!


...well, except for purple, that is!

I still have a few more photos in reserve from that trip, then it had better rain or you may be back to photos of cracked dirt!   


Our trip to Colorado seemed long, in time and distance,
but you can travel the world in seconds at

Take care and have a happy week!



8 comments:

Alice said...

Great photos! This dry spell surely makes one appreciate any little bit of color that can be found.

Colorado is one of my favorite states to visit. I just love the Aspen trees and the wildlife.

Have a wonderful day!

Stephanie said...

You don't appreciate something until you don;t have it any more. When you realize you don't have it anymore you apppreciate it more. This was a lovely post.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos all of them!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Sharyl. I went to Colorado years ago and would love to go back someday.

Sharyl said...

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments!

Stephanie fyi: I stopped by your blog & tried to leave a message but it just wouldn't take. You'll either have none or you'll have 3-4 from me! Loved your lemon photos! They looked so refreshing!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous-as always!!

Leovi said...

Very interesting, I love the colors of those margaritas. Greetings.

Tanya said...

You are so funny. I know what you mean about "green," though. It is nice to see it after all the yellow and browns in our area. I love your pictures, especially the purple one. The colors are so nice! It was funny that us Kansans chose Colorado pictures this week. :)