I've had a week of challenges.
A few of them were of the "I'll call it a 'challenge' when I really mean I would rather not be doing this thing" type.... and a few that were fun-filled "I'll do this even though it's difficult just because I want to" kind! It's the latter I want to talk about today.
I don't know if you've noticed, but I love design challenges! I love being in them. I love hosting them! I even love thinking about and planning what I would do if I was in one I'm not in! :-) (Can't do them all!) I'm planning to team up with others to host at least 2 design challenge blog hops this year, and hope you will be able to join us.
These past few weeks, I've been working on a couple of major design challenges. I won't tell all, but one is for a small group of people from the "Metals" group on Artisan Whimsy. We signed up, then were selected for this month's challenge. It has involved designing 5 pieces each. It seemed so easy when I volunteered! ;-) Our designs were due Thursday and I'll announce when the results will be released. I encourage you to join Artisan Whimsy so you can see these as soon as they are published! (You can sign up from the main AW page.) I'll also be posting my own results on this blog, but it may be days after the AW event.
In the meantime, I'd like to hear your thoughts and experiences about design challenges!
- Have you participated in a blog hop/design challenge yet?
- If so, what were some of your favorites? What did you like about them?
- About how much time seems right to you for developing your design(s) for a design challenge?
- If you haven't participated, is there anything preventing you from trying one (that you feel comfortable sharing)?
- Are there things you wish would be implemented in a blog hop to make things go more smoothly?
I learn something new every time I host a challenge or participate in one! I hope you feel the same way!
Thanks for sharing your ideas here! Have a great weekend!