Thursday, September 8, 2011

CHALLENGE TIME!--Designing jewelry for special audiences



I've been talking away here for 3 months, but this time, the entry is all about YOUR ideas and I hope you will share!  So get ready...


**It's CHALLENGE TIME!**    
I'd like to hear your experiences, ideas, and/or questions regarding designing jewelry for special groups of people!

  • In an upcoming entry I will show you  a few pieces of jewelry I just designed for a special young person in my life. I've done a few pieces for kids in my family, but that's the extent of my jewelry-making experience for young people.  Has anyone else designed jewelry for the younger set?  What can you share?




    • Do you have ideas, questions, concerns about designing for any other specific group?  (I don't mean to offend anyone by putting various people together, but this topic is wide open.  It might include clasps for people with physical impairments.   It might just as well be jewelry-making activity ideas for groups of any age or ability.  It might have to do with a culture or religion.  Dream big!  Be open!  We want to hear from you!)


      • One group I'm interested in is the elderly (a large and varied group to be sure)!   I did some pieces for my mother when she was living, and have some ideas of what her special needs were I can share, but I'd like to hear more ideas for residents of nursing facilities-- (either jewelry to give, or projects residents could make with guidance.)

      Guidelines for submitting ideas:

      It's quite easy really!  I know there are only a few regular followers here.  (I'm grateful for each one of you!)  I want you (and anyone else reading) to feel welcome to offer suggestions and ask your own questions too.   I'd love to hear your ideas and interests and learn about your projects.  I'm sure others will also!  Even if you have ideas you haven't tried, feel free to offer them up.  Brainstorming sessions are not for criticism but for sparking great ideas!
      • Describe your ideas or projects on designing jewelry for special groups.  You can also request comments on a group you would like more info on yourself. 
      • Submit it as a "comment" to this post entry.   Submit as many times as you want.


        • Feel free to include a link to your website or blog in the comment if it illustrates your point.  I'll read them then they'll go up on the blog.  I'll post as many as I can as we go along, to keep the discussion moving.  However, if you don't see your comment posted, please don't worry,...


          At the end, I'll write a new entry summarizing the comments I received and highlighting special projects. 


          Your comments are always welcome here, but let's aim for a Sept. 22th deadline to be included in the summary. 
           Note: Changed to -->

          I hope we all enjoy this opportunity to participate and learn from one another.  (Please submit something or there will be a mighty pathetic summary at the end of this project!)  :-)

          Thanks!  Can't wait to hear from you!

          Sharyl

          P.S. Please feel free to spread the word of this "Challenge" to your other jewelry-making friends or anyone who might have an interest in a certain group.  Everyone is welcome!
          -------------------------------------------------------------------


          Royalty Free  Images:

          No comments: