|Even the contents|
of my bead collection
has changed since then!
I say this now, because tonight, I again watched as the number of followers made a big drop from 23 to 16. This is the 2nd time this week I've seen this happen right before my eyes. I think we now are less than half the size that we were before.
I don't know if everyone is still receiving the postings or not. I suspect not. I do know that many people are now reporting problems with the blogs they are monitoring disappearing and the number of followers dropping in these bizarre patterns. Apparently Google Engineers are aware of the problem and working on it. I hope when they fix it, everything will be restored to the way it was before.
Who thinks to keep a print copy or save a listing of the blogs they have joined? Would you notice if one just wasn't there one day? If you noticed you were 5 or 10 short, would you be able to remember which ones they were? We are wonderfully connected to people all over the world here, but the connection is fragile.
I've just saved a copy of my remaining blogs (don't think I lost many there), and my last 16 followers. I wish I had done it much sooner.
I've enjoyed this so much. It would be a shame if, once again, there was nothing but silence in response to my blogging.
Take care, be well, thanks for hanging on...
P.S. Other Announcements:
- I normally include a "Welcome" greeting and introduce new members when they sign up to follow the blog. We had several join right together this time, and I thought I would welcome them at once, but I think they are all gone from the list that remains. If you are reading this, and didn't get your Welcome message, please know it's a tradition here to greet each new member when they arrive, and I would wish to do the same for you.
- In the midst of a not-so-good week, I had a couple of really wonderful things happen to me this week. I made the first sale from my ArtFire studio and have a 2nd one pending! My sincere thanks to both of these folks! I also received a surprise package from a friend in the mail with the gift of some beads and more goodies. I immediately started dreaming of what I would make from those wonderful beads! And, when I ordered something I especially wanted from one of my favorite artisans, she gave me a really nice bonus gift, making the arrival of that package a sweet event too!
- I finally got through my first craft fair today, and managed to have my sister, husband, and son there to support me (and help carrying things)! The table display turned out pretty nice--thanks for your suggestions! My sister gave me a nice foldup table with a handle, perfect for craft fairs, as a belated b-day present. Nice to have good people on your side. Speaking of that, as soon as I have a chance to get through my back-logged e-mail, I'll have a prize drawing among those who offered table/booth/fair suggestions.
- It's been a rough week, and I'm sorry the Virtual Craft Fair blog entry got postponed. Hope you made it over to check things out. If you didn't, there's still time to take a look at the wonderful artists there, still a few sales going on, and give-aways will be announced there soon. There will be a lot of really great things given away to some very lucky winners!
- Finally, sorry, but no "i heart macro" posting for me this week, at least not Sunday. I've got some serious catching up to do. I've hooked up the link above though in case you would like to enjoy the others!
Bead collection photo, Sharyl, early 2011.
Blue arrow down: http://www.wpclipart.com/blanks/arrows/.cache/arrow_down_blue.png