I'm doing so many new things lately that occasionally I leap before I've got all the rules down. Thing is, I never knew there could be so many rules. (My family would totally disagree--I've often been accused of making up rules!)
But alas, in reading through a rather hefty volume having to do with marketing on Facebook, I've come across a bit about seeking permission through Facebook before hosting promotions there. ...And a second bit about not offering gifts on Facebook for people "liking" your page.
So... that means I goofed and yesterday I just announced an offer on Facebook that would be another goof. Mid-stream, I'll need to change how I manage the upcoming give-away and I apologize to anyone caught in the middle.
So, first I'll take 3 GIANT STEPS BACK:
- I won't automatically put anyone's name in a drawing who "likes" my "Sharyl's Jewelry" page on Facebook.
Then, ONE STEP TO THE SIDE:
- I will let you know that I would REALLY APPRECIATE it if you would "like" my "Sharyl's Jewelry" page on Facebook if you haven't already done so. I would also welcome sharing the page with others to help spread the word.
Finally, 3 GIANT STEPS FORWARD!
- When we finally reach 50 "Likes" (which will enable me to get free advertising on Facebook),... I will personally be so excited and gratified that I will have a drawing for ANYONE interested in winning the "Trellis Pendant" I made for the January Art Bead Scene Challenge.
|"Trellis Pendant" -- Entered in the Jan 2012 Art Bead Scene Challenge|
- All you have to do to be entered is... comment to this blog post that you would like to be entered. No strings attached. (I really think it's much better this way anyway!) You can be a member of my blog (or not), like or follow me on Facebook (or not). I'll announce the winner on this blog and on Facebook then ask for the winner to contact me privately with address info.
- The drawing will be held on the blog and will not be associated with Facebook except that I will make my correction there and encourage people to come to this post to comment if they want to sign up.
Hope I didn't lose anyone in that explanation! And, hopefully, I'm in alignment with rules now. (I make a terrible rule-breaker, so I get the goose-bumps when I discover I've broken one!)
Okay, back to the fun and games now! Please play along!
P.S. During the making of this blog entry, no actual monkeys were harmed. These however are the out-takes:
Sharyl upon reading FB rules. Sharyl after bringing give-away under compliance.
Want to leave a comment
to sign up for the give-away?
to sign up for the give-away?
Monkey reading: http://www.wpclipart.com/education/reading/reading_2/monkey_browsing_at_the_library.jpg
Another monkey reading:
Happy monkey: http://www.wpclipart.com/animals/primates/monkey/.cache/monkey_happy.png
Smiling again monkey: http://www.wpclipart.com/animals/primates/monkey/monkey_c/.cache/monkey_profile.png
Green arrow down: http://www.wpclipart.com/signs_symbol/arrows/round/.cache/button_arrow_green_down.png
Please leave comments,
including wishes to be included
in the "Trellis Pendent"
Give-away Drawing) below! Thanks!