Guess what? These are not the beads for the challenge...
These are little bracelet kits I had for sale at a craft fair. :-)
"Whew!" I hear you sighing!
I'll reveal the real beads in a later post--I must keep you in suspense a bit longer! But I will describe the beading packets and guidelines below:
- Each packet contains 16 beads. The packets are identical (with just a very small change in a couple--doubtful you would notice if I hadn't just mentioned!)
- There are 6 types of beads in each packet. You are asked to use AT LEAST 2 types of the beads sent to you in your designed piece(s). (The beads coordinate, so this shouldn't be too tough.) There is no minimum number of beads you must use--I guess if you used one of each of the 2 beads there would be a minimum of 2 beads--but hopefully you'll use more!
- You are only required to make one piece of jewelry in time for the reveal date, but can make more.
- You may add any beads of your own you would like to. You may use any color of wire and findings you choose.
- The packets contain nice-quality glass beads, but no art beads this time. You may add art beads to your piece if you like but (as much as we all love art beads), it's not at all necessary for this event. The main purpose of this event is to see what different people create given the same bead choices.
- If selected, the beads will be mailed to you free-of-charge.
- There will be a drawing to see who will get packets.
- In order to be included in the drawing, contestants must be a member of this blog. (You may, of course, join for the purposes of participating in this activity.)
- After the event, you may do anything you want with the jewelry you design and with any left over beads (sell them, give them away, keep them, enter in contests or for publication, etc. They are yours to do with as you please.)
We begin with 5 packets of beads. A conversation many months ago led me to the idea to hold this event. At that time, I offered that person a packet and participation in the event. I was planning to keep one packet for myself, but due to excitement expressed, I've changed my mind and I'm offering all 4 remaining packets for the drawing.
Aside from the random drawing of who will receive a packet, there are no winners or losers--everyone is a winner in this challenge!
If we get many people wanting to participate, I'll organize this again, but plan a bit differently so that more people can join in. Meanwhile, I hope everyone enjoys either creating the jewelry or viewing the results!
- Simply reply to this message by commenting that you would like to win a packet and participate.
- Please reply by Sat., Apr 7, 1:00pm Central Standard time.
- Names of those who will be receiving packets will be announced Sat. afternoon.
You do not have to leave your email address in the message. You can either leave a 2nd message that I won't post to the blog ... or you can wait until you are notified that your name has been drawn. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable sending their email address for all to see.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be happy to answer, one-on-one, or to share with the group if I suspect others would have the same question.
Thanks for your patience, and for reading this long note. Now, LET THE FUN BEGIN!
Sharyl / Sharyl's Jewelry
P.S. The reveal date will be in about 3 weeks. I'll coordinate with the participants once we know if there are any overseas packages that will take a while to arrive. You do not have to have your own blog to participate. Anyone without a blog of their own is welcome to post here!