Friday, March 28, 2014

This 'n That 3/28/14

Today I'm doing another "This 'n That" post, sharing bits of news!
*********************

First, I'd like to show you a few packages that arrived in my mail yesterday.   I used to do this more before I became such a bead-hoarder and packages of beautiful beads started arriving more regularly at my door!   Still, I should do this more!  

This week I had the very good fortune to win a focal bead from Judith Billig, owner of Icarus Beads.   I love Judith's work and have purchased a few sets from her.   This is the bead I won:

Lovely lentil lampwork bead from Judith Billig!


Isn't that a beaut?!   I'm seldom so lucky and am so grateful I was this time!  Thank you, Judith!

I also managed to snatch up these beads from Genea Crivello-Knable, who sells her handmade lampwork glass beads, mixed-media jewelry and art at Genea Beads.   Genea actually lives very near me, and I'm looking forward to meeting her soon!    I've been wanting to get some of her beads for the longest time.  This week, she had some beads she was selling on her FB site and I jumped at the chance to get this lovely set in this soft matte teal:

The beads are up-front-and-center and even lovelier in person.
I couldn't help including this photo of all the items she sent though.
In addition to amazing lampwork,
Genea has her product marketing act together too--
very impressive packaging!


A couple more lampwork pieces I'm so happy to have acquired arrived last week:

I've so long admired the unique lampwork of Donna Millardand I'm happy to say I'm now the proud owner of my first beads from her!


I managed to claim these on Facebook, before they made it to her Etsy store!  A beautiful pair from Donna Milliard! 

And for some "knock your socks off" color, check out these lovelies:

I'd like to say these beads have my favorite colors,
but I think you could have any favorite colors
and find them in this cheerful set
from "Glass by Leese!"
Yummy!

**********************

Now, in other news....

I finally managed to wrangle me a copy of "Step by Step Wire Jewelry" for April/May 2014!  It's the special "Annual Artisan Showcase" edition and I have two copper pieces published on p. 9!  



I'm just showing my corner of a page here, hoping not to get myself in trouble, but there are so many bead designers in this issue I truly admire! I couldn't imagine myself appearing beside them.  I was honored!

(Copyrighted material)
Isn't that amazing photography? 
The photos of each artisans' beads just seem to pop off the page!

*******************************

And finally, just want to let you know I added a batch of "Altered Metal Components" to my store during the night!   Some have already been snatched up!   If you enjoy the metals, you might want to take a look and these and other items! 

New shapes and colors!
(Turquoise fans, bottom right, sold)



Watch for sizes on leaves (small, medium, large) 
as well as color (green/coral or green/ivory).
The largest size is green/coral/ivory.
They are all being sold as pairs this time,
but you can leave me a note at the store if you would
prefer only one of the large ones for a pendant.
(Medium is sold out.)



There are also dragonflies
and butterflies in two sizes each!


Many thanks!  Hope you've enjoyed your visit!  Have a great weekend!

~Sharyl

**********************************


Image Credits:

newspaper:
http://www.wpclipart.com/household/entertainment/newspaper/newspaper.jpg

Bead photos by Sharyl

Magazine corner page-- photo of magazine page taken by Sharyl.
See this page for Step by Step magazine purchase info.

Altered metals new in store, photos by Sharyl.

****************************************

3 comments:

Ann Schroeder said...

Congratulations on your inclusion in the magazine. I want that issue and will have to get out and find a copy. Thanks for showing the beads you've gotten lately. I love those sorts of posts. It always gets me thinking.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Sharyl. I have discovered some amazing artists through your blog. I love your work in the mag. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Step By Step Wire! Its one of my favs! All of your new lovelies are......lovely!

Angi Mullis dj2isme@aol.com