Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Bracelet Make-over" & Sale!


“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”

 Albert Einstein quotes (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)


At the risk of making a mistake, something I absolutely hate doing, I've been experimenting with my bracelet designs.   No, it's not up there with theory of relativity, but it's me doing my thing in my own little world...where sometimes new designs can be both intimidating and exciting at the very same time!


I'm really more of an earring person.   I often feel a bit naked without a pair on!   I've worked in the past year to be more creative in my materials and designs.   

Then, about 6 months or more ago, I realized my necklaces really needed a step up, and I started participating in the Art Bead Scene monthly challenges.  Nearly all my pieces there have been necklaces.


“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

 Albert Einstein quotes (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)


About a month ago, I realized I was going nowhere fast with bracelets.  I saw wonderful designs people were working on, and mine hadn't changed a bit in the last year or so.   So it was time for a "bracelet make-over!"   

You've seen a couple recently.  Here are a couple more...


  


Orange Silk Turquoise Bracelet

Special introductory price ($8 USD)

Pottery focal bead by "Captured Moments."  
 Hand-dyed ribbon from "Goldenonetoo."


Here's how it works:
Bright orange and pink hand-dyed silk ribbon wraps around your wrist multiple times. (Length is approximately 30" long.) The turquoise-colored pottery piece (1 1/2" x 1/2") is part of the last loop of ribbon twisted around the wrist. There is a copper tube bead that keeps the pieces connected. Aqua glass beads accent the piece close to the pottery focal. Similar beads are included at the end of the ribbon to make the wrist size adjustable and keep ends in place once tucked in.






  

Pottery Copper Silk Bracelet

Special Introductory Price ($16 USD)



Pottery focal bead by "Captured Moments."  
 Hand-dyed ribbon from "Abby and Ellie Originals."



Here's how it works:
Blue and green hand-dyed silk ribbon is interwoven with genuine copper chain. Genuine copper clasp, handmade by me, hooks into any loop for a completely adjustable length. 

Remaining length hangs as a dangle with glass bead accents.

Currently up to 8 1/2" long. Each link is close to 1/2 inch long.  If desired, additional links can be added prior to shipping.


Changes:
  • So my first major change has involved incorporating different materials, chains, and fabrics, as well as using more color in the bracelets.
  • My next challenge is to make a bracelet from brass sheeting. It's already cut and waiting for me.  It may be a disaster, but I can't wait to try it!   Then copper etching, then....
  • I'll keep learning and exploring.  In the meantime though,...

in my studio! 
 Some marked down as much as 50%. 
 This is my biggest bracelet sale ever!  
I hope you'll drop by!   


Thanks,

Sharyl ~ Sharyl's Jewelry

**************************************************

Credits:

Quotations from:
htttp://www.ThinkExist.com

Clipart from:  
http://www.wpclipart.com/

Photos by Sharyl, 4/12



3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Sharyl,
Your bracelets are very pretty! I really like the orange and turquoise colors together. I have a tendency to make more necklaces and bracelets then earrings.
Therese

Sharyl said...

Thank you, Therese! It's interesting (and good) that we all have our "favorites" in terms of what we like to make. Seeing the kind of work you do though, it makes perfect sense that you would tend towards necklaces and bracelets.

That said, I see you've just posted lovely examples of all 3 on your blog! Hope you don't mind if I share the link here! http://theresestreasures59.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Those are awesome. I have been in an orange mood lately, and I love the pairing of orange and blue. I really like the blues and greens of the second one also. It's always fun to try something new and you are off to a great start. :)