Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Sharyl's Bead Packet Design Challenge #1"--THE REVEAL!


Those of you who have been following, know that we've had a "challenge" on for a few weeks now.


5 people were given small packets containing 16 beads each.   There were 6 types of coordinating beads. However, participants were only required to use 2 types of the beads included, in any amount they chose.   

They could use as many more of the beads as they liked.  They could add their own beads and components.  They could make one piece of jewelry or more.  (Easy rules!)

Today is the day 
they reveal what they've made!

As a refresher, here is what each person was given:


Please visit each blog to see their creations!   I've been waiting for months to see what would be designed from these 16 simple beads!  I'm excited to see what they've made!

P.S.  My thanks to all participants, and my apologies to those who did not get selected this time.  

Below this list of participants is my own attempt at designing something with the few beads that remained!





My Entry:



 I took the "left overs" from the beads given away.  
That left me with 3 types of beads. 

You'll see those used in the very bottom of the links--2 sizes of bluish-green Picasso rondelles and aqua Cathedral Picasso glass crystals.    I matched them with black and creamy-pearl colored large seed beads.
The bead on the top is a another type of glass rondelle.  One other participant was given this type of bead as a substitute.



I made the copper pieces free-hand.  
Although I often do my own hammering for texture,
this particular piece of copper came with the texture on the copper.



The metal, jump rings, wire, and ear wires  
are all bright genuine copper.
I made all except the jump rings, 
which were artisan-made.


Okay, that's it for me!  Let's head on over to see the others!   I can't wait!

Thanks for joining us!




15 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Good Morning Sharyl,
First thank you for hosting this fun and very challenging challenge. I had to have a long talk with my muse on this one LOL!
I love your earrings they are beautiful. These beads go so well with copper!
Therese

Alice said...

What a great challenge! Your earrings are lovely and I like your handmade copper components!

Shirley said...

Oh, I'm just green over those! That copper is awesome, and dangling all those pretties from it is perfect! Sharyl, I had so much fun with this challenge, thank you for the idea!

Marie Cramp said...

The earrings are stunning! :) Love the multi dangle look! Thanks for hosting the hop for us!! :)

Tanya said...

Those are beautiful. I love dangles and those look like they might play a wonderful melody while walking along. :) I took a peek at the other creations. The beads were gorgeous and they all did such a great job.

Anonymous said...

Sharyl - I am impressed by the way you keep challenging yourself. Each new piece uses new techniques, new color combinations, and new styles. Keep it up, my friend! Beautiful!

Sharyl said...

Wow! I stayed up until 5am I was so excited, waiting and watching these come up, and finally went to bed...(thus my tardiness this morning, sorry), but I'm so very pleased with what I've found this morning! Every single person's blog is up and the designs are so amazing! Way beyond what I dreamed of! (I should have known better!)

And thanks for all the wonderful comments! Such joy to read them! I'm going to go post on FB now and hope more people will come see these designs!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Yummy loving all the copper and green/blue!

G.Dowell said...

So fun to see what everyone came up with. Many very different designs from the same basic beads. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Your earrings are really a beauty!!!
Run to see the other blogs ....

Cilla said...

What great earrings. A fun blog hop. I love the packet of beads you sent out and how different all the designs are. Great Work from everyone!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting this blog hop!! It is so very nice and inspiring to see what everyone made with the same beads!

Love your earrings, simply stunning! I never would have thought of this design!

Heather Goldsmith said...

The earrings are very tasty, indeed. ;-)

SueBeads said...

Very pretty earrings! Nice challenge!

Sharyl said...

Thank you, Kristi! I feel the exact same way about what you and everyone else did! Isn't it just amazing the wide varieties of designs?! I'm really quite stunned! ...and amazed ... and extremely pleased! You ALL did terrific jobs!

Thanks again to all the participants and to all who are taking the time to blog hop and leave comments! It's such a treat to read what you have written, and it's very much appreciated!