Melinda Orr, ORRTEC, got me interested in metal work and patinas nearly a year ago now and I'm loving this aspect of jewelry making! (Melinda is also the founder of the Facebook group, Creative Bead Chat, and the online community, Artisan Whimsy. AW is currently hosting the Patina Sunset Challenge. )
AW October Challenge:
Patina Sunset...paint the sky with patina
Sept 18th : Deadline to submit
Sept 19th: Winners announced
Oct 1st: Bead Chat Magazine Feature
In addition to a workbench full of metal-working tools (and I'm still just getting started), I have a small arsenal of items to color metals with.
|My newest color purchases!|
Everything from the basic Liver of Sulfur (used to darken copper--one of my favorites) to a wide variety of color patinas that can be used on a variety of metals (such as copper, brass, and aluminum), these help me create a multitude of looks!
* * * * * *
Just for a bit of fun....
Can you answer these questions?
1) Excluding the Liver of Sulfur Patina Gel,
what 3 brands of liquid color patinas
do you see here?
2) What metal coloring product comes in the silver tins?
How to play:
- Leave a comment and how to reach you.
- One correct answer gets you one chance.
- Two correct answers gets you two chances. You can submit both answers in one message. I will count as two.
- I will hold the comments for 24 hours.
- From these entries a winner will be drawn.
- The prize will be some assorted metal components by me.
PRIZE = These "Lime Green Lovelies" + ????
* * * * * *
Now, on to the Artisan Whimsy Challenge! I hope some of you submitted pieces too!
This is my entry for a handmade piece:
It is a large, rectangular, hand made copper pendant,
embossed with a flower design,
treated with a variety of patina colors, then sealed.
Be sure and visit the other contestants on the Artisan Whimsy site!
REMINDER: I will be holding the comments for 24 hours so that we get original answers! :-) I can see your replies, but you won't be able to until tomorrow. Thanks! ~Sharyl