Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog Salad Today!

1. Those of you receiving bead packets for the challenge,  if I haven't heard from you yet, would you please reply here and let me know if you've received your packet?   (I don't have to post your comment if you prefer not, but it's an easy way for me to find it quickly.)   I think I've heard from 2 of you so far.   Once everyone has their packet, I'll set a date for the reveal!


2. I tend to ask questions at the end of posts when I should ask more toward the beginning, so trying it in reverse!   Recently I asked:  What is your favorite tool to use in jewelry-making?   Just curious!    Someone recently asked me to put up a bit in a Facebook group that I wrote on tools when I first started my blog.   I'll put the link in here too in case you want some "retro-reading!"    

I've got some new cool tools recently (and a few I'm finding not-so-cool I could use some tips with).  Hoping we can all share!


3. I'm extending my Spring sale through the end of April!  I'm still adding new things for Spring and Summer and hope to give people a chance to take advantage of the savings!   Please help me spread the word if you would!   My thanks to those you who have already done so!





Blue Stick Earrings






There are more in the camera, waiting to be listed, and more pieces nearly completed!   Many new styles coming too!   Hope you'll be pleasantly surprised!  ~Sharyl


* * * * * * * * * *

Graphics


Photographs by Sharyl, 2012


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Really like the Hope bracelet.

Anonymous said...

This probably sounds boring, but my favorite jewelry making tool is the round nose pliers for making all kinds of loops.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I was busy playing with the beads!! I have my packet!

Sharyl said...

Thank you, glad you like the bracelet!

Not boring at all! So glad you wrote in and hope others do too! I have so many favorites it's hard to name one, but I think my tiny little anvil is my favorite (which of course requires use of a hammer, which my mom gave to me many years ago.) I use them constantly. In fact, it appears to be time to "graduate" to a larger anvil or block. This one is getting terribly beat up now that I'm beating larger metal pieces on it and not just hardening wire!

Anyone else, your favorite tool?

Shirley said...

got my packet, sorry I didn't email you. It's coming together nicely with some help from Diane Fitzgerald's book, Mastering Beadwork. :) I guess my favorite tool would have to be my Fireline!!