Friday, July 25, 2014

Personal Favorites & Catching up with Louise Goodchild

Some time ago, May 10, 2012 to be specific, I invited the very uniquely talented...


Louise Goodchild 

...to be a guest on this blog.   We displayed some of her pieces and thoroughly enjoyed her visit!  To see that blog post, click here:   "The Wearable Wire Art of Louise Goodchild Designs"


Moorland Sunset one of a kind designer wire pendant
"Moorland Sunset"
currently for sale at Louie's Etsy store.
(Note the sweet sheep by the cottage!)
Since then, I've continued to follow Louise's artful endeavors with her wire pendants and other creative jewelry and I always find them delightful!



She was recently asked which one was her favorite.   She replies in her blog with a brief history of her art and shows a few of the pendants that remain special to her. 
 Arrow comic down green
I encourage  you to visit that post:  

(I love that it includes a photo of the first wire pendant she made!)

I have some additional favorites from Louise's work which include a series of custom-order  goddesses:


Custom wire goddess pendant unique design made to order

...as well has her fairy door series:


Seashore Fairy Door unique designer wire pendant

is currently available in her Etsy store!


I'm including a link to her blog, "Louise Goodchild:  Adventures in Wire,"  her Etsy store, Louise Goodchild Designs, and Facebook link so you can see more!

My thanks to Louise for continuing to delight us!

*****

The question Louise was asked has made me wonder... 

...what would each of YOU say is the favorite piece of jewelry, beads, (or other art) you've created!   I hope you will tell us about it or show us with a link to a photo in the comments section!   

Edit:  Think I'll add photos from your comments here so it's quicker/easier for all to see!   

Chinese Brushstrokes Handpainted Porcelain BeadThis one is from 
Natalie Pappas
"This bead (which sold a long long time ago) is one of my favorites that I've ever made...

I had gone to a store with lots of Asian pottery and came home completely inspired and painted this bead. I have tried and failed many times trying to duplicate it."





******
Arrow comic down purple
I've been working on some new items that I think are my current favorites too.   I'll show you next time!  

Wishing you a happy day!

Sharyl

*****
Arrow comic down purple
Enjoy free shipping through Sunday, July 27, at Sharyl's Jewelry!


Sharyl's Jewelry on ArtFire

******
Images:

All wire-pendants on this page were made by Louise Goodchild.  Photographs by Louise used by permission here.

Sharyl's Jewelry components, photographs, and ad by Sharyl.  

Arrow:  http://www.wpclipart.com/signs_symbol/arrows/arrow_comic/index.html

Person wondering:   http://www.wpclipart.com/phps.php?q=question&submit=Search

******


4 comments:

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

This bead (which sold a long long time ago) is one of my favorites that I've ever made:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/15465279/chinese-brushstrokes-handpainted

I had gone to a store with lots of Asian pottery and came home completely inspired and painted this bead. I have tried and failed many times trying to duplicate it.

Sharyl said...

Thanks, Natalie! I enjoyed this so much, I've copied the photo and words to the text of the blog entry. Hope we hear from others too! What fun to hear your story and see the bead!

Anonymous said...

I love the wire door pendant!

Sharyl said...

Our favorite color, right Lisa?! ;-)