Sunday, April 7, 2013

Photography Practice: Early Spring Macros

While "i Heart macro" on Lori Plyler's website is no longer operating, I still want to continue practicing my macrophotography when I can, giving myself a little freedom to include things beyond the world of jewelry on Sundays.   Nature always makes a good subject!   And I'll focus on Early Spring today!   

I walked around the yard a few minutes Saturday and, thanks to the fact that my family cleaned leaves from the yard all day while I worked inside, I could see that the green grass was growing up thick and strong, and would be ready for mowing in a day or two.  

I couldn't help but recall that less that 2 weeks ago, the front yard looked like this:


Today it looked like this:



and this: 


(Note:  I'm very new to bird photography. 
I've only tried a few other photographs.
In some, the bird had already left the frame!  

For truly beautiful bird images, 
be sure to visit my friend's website,
Carole is from Lake Macquarie, N.S.W., Australia.
 The wildlife and plants are amazing there. 
 It's such a treat to follow her blog!
....Now, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast!)   :-)

On the north side of our house, a lilac bush is budding out:


It took us 2 days longer than other yards
 in the neighborhood to have all the snow melt from the yard. 
We seem to be behind on blooming trees and bushes this year too.

I found this beauty down the street though!


Thanks for joining me for a little walk through the yard today!  
 Maybe we'll venture into the back next week...or the Japanese garden!  
We'll no doubt follow the blooms.

Have a good week!

~Sharyl

* * * * * * * * * * *

Awareness Reminder:

Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom HaShoah) 2013 begins in the evening of Sunday, April 7 and ends in the evening of Monday, April 8.  

To learn more about the history and commemoration of this date, you can visit the following sites:

* * * * * * * * * * *

2 comments:

Alice said...

Ahhh, Mother Nature sure keeps us guessing--snow one week and green shoots the next. I have never been successful at getting bird shots as they fly away the minute I open the door. I need to learn the stealth mode. Your photos are wonderful!!!!

Sharyl said...

Would you believe we had a hail storm Sunday night! Gee our weather is fickle!